I am updating a local listing on Yahoo and found the following instructions dated Dec 2015 to still work and be very helpful.
How to Claim a Free Local Business Listing on Yahoo
- Go to Yahoo, search for your business, and you should see a link to “Add or update your business”.
- That link will take you to http://www.yext.com/pl/yahoo-claims/index.html (you can just go here directly if you prefer).
- Enter your business information and click “Find My Listings”.
- You’ll then see page that is powered by Yext. It’s a bit intimidating with an “error rate” and all of these warnings that you’re not standing out and not verified through Yext. For now, don’t worry about all of this, just click the big “Continue” button.
- Next, you can update the information about your listing. Complete this page fully … and don’t forget to use the same NAP (name, address, phone) that you use everywhere for your business. Click the “Continue” button when you’re done.
- Yext will then present you with four paid plans, but immediately below these plans is a tiny link that says, “Claim your Basic Listing only on Yahoo” … click that link.
- You’re now at the “Yahoo Basic Listing Checkout” page. Complete the checkout and click “Place Order” (it’s free).
- Yext will send you an email to verify your email address. Click the link, create a password, then login to your account.
- The final step is to verify you represent this business. The easiest method is to have them call you, but there are other methods as well.
That’s it! You now have claimed and can manage your free listing on Yahoo.
Here’s a video walk-through of the entire process.
So you can do it yourself or have us work on your Local Marketing and SEO.